The equity release options available now are particularly useful, given that you have to take account of low annuity rates, the erosion of savings and poor interest rates.
Equity release can play a major role in helping older homeowners maximise their retirement income.
Discover how equity release works, and how it could work for you. Here are five quick facts about equity release plans:
1. Equity release is safe – the equity release market has been fully regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (formerly the Financial Services Authority) since 2007
2. Equity release is flexible – today’s products are designed to support customers in different situations, with a range of different incomes
3. You can’t lose your home – All Equity Release Council (ERC) member providers include guarantees in their equity release plans that let you stay in your own home for the rest of your life
4. Your children won’t be saddled with any debt – ERC approved equity release plans from providers come with a ‘no negative equity’ guarantee to prevent you owing more than the value of your home
5. You can move house – As long as your new property meets the equity release provider criteria, you can take your plan with you to another propertyIt’s essential you take a knowledgeable approach to the equity release market in order to ensure that providers and financial advisers are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and are able to provide you with the right equity release plan that suits your individual financial requirements.
This independent, information-only website will help you to discover what you need to know about the different types of equity release products, and:
- How you can access and extract money from the value of your property
- The need for independent financial advice and who can give it
- The safety of Equity Release Council backed product providers
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the government body that regulates the industry
- ERSA – seven specialist solicitors who help the public with equity release
Those seeking to release equity from their homes, have considerable protection because equity release schemes such as home reversion plans and lifetime mortgages are regulated by the UK Government’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which, together with the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA), regulates the entire financial services market in the United Kingdom.
Please check our News Section on the right for the latest information.
Whatisequityrelease.com is an independent website which provides information on the equity release market. Whatisequityrelease.com only acts as an introducer to independent financial advisers who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Whatisequityrelease.com is not authorised to give any advice and is not liable for any financial advice provided by, or obtained through a third party.