Discover how equity release works, and how it could work for you.
It’s essential you take a knowledgeable approach to the equity release market in order to ensure that financial advisers and providers are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and are able to provide you with the right product for a happy retirement.
This independent, information-only website will help you to discover what you need to know about the different types of equity release products, and:
- How you can access and extract money from the value of your property
- The need for independent financial advice and who can give it
- The safety of Equity Release Council backed product providers
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the government body that regulates the industry
- ERSA – seven specialist solicitors help the public with equity release
It’s no longer enough to simply know a little about equity release, or to be aware that more people in the UK than ever are seeking new ways to release equity from their homes – it’s best to research the market.
Those seeking to release equity from their homes, have considerable protection because equity release schemes such as home reversion plans and lifetime mortgages are regulated by the UK Government’s Financial Conduct Authority.
Please check our News section for the very latest information.
Whatisequityrelease.com is an independent website which provides information on the equity release market. Whatisequityrelease.com only acts as an introducer to independent financial advisers who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Whatisequityrelease.com is not authorised to give any advice and is not liable for any financial advice provided by, or obtained through a third party.