Discover how equity release works, and how it could work for you.
This independent, information-only website will help you to discover what you need to know about the different types of equity release products, and:
- How you can access and extract money from the value of your property
- The need for independent financial advice and who can give it
- The safety of Equity Release Council backed product providers
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the government body that regulates the industry
- ERSA – seven specialist solicitors who help the public with equity release
Those seeking to release equity from their homes, have considerable protection because equity release schemes such as home reversion plans and lifetime mortgages are regulated by the UK Government’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which, together with the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA), regulates the entire financial services market in the United Kingdom.